My last post of December 1st on Japan's Nikkei Stock Futures Index, NKD, refers: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/12/capital-spending-shrinking-in-japan.html For a summary of why I've written a number of posts about this index in the past, I'd urge you to take a quick look at that post.
At the moment, the NKD is trading lower in overnight trading as shown on the Daily chart below. A break and hold below the last swing low set on November 25th could send it plunging...this could set the tone for U.S. Major Indices to follow. (Other Asian markets are down as I'm writing this, as well.)
Below is a 4-hour (market hours only) chart...price has filled 4 out of 5 gaps since its recent decline on increasing volumes...at the moment, it's sitting on the 5th gap, which is very large (235 points)...we'll see if some or all of it gets filled soon.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 24, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.