UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Watching Japan's Nikkei Stock Futures Index
At the moment, the NKD is trading lower in overnight trading as shown on the Daily chart below. A break and hold below the last swing low set on November 25th could send it plunging...this could set the tone for U.S. Major Indices to follow. (Other Asian markets are down as I'm writing this, as well.)
Below is a 4-hour (market hours only) chart...price has filled 4 out of 5 gaps since its recent decline on increasing volumes...at the moment, it's sitting on the 5th gap, which is very large (235 points)...we'll see if some or all of it gets filled soon.