Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Winter in City
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 3 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 22, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, December 09, 2011
1st DOWN...3 to go...
If the markets were like football, I'd say that today's Daily candle on the Dow 30 (Year-to-date) chart below was the 1st Down...hypothetically, if the next 3 days played just like today, we'd see the Dow at 12800 by the end of next Wednesday.
Next Tuesday we find out the results of the next Fed meeting...I'm not expecting any kind of major QE stimulus to be announced based on today's preliminary inflation expectations of 3.1% (see graph below, provided courtesy of www.forexfactory.com), which, I believe is around the upper end of their inflation target...however, there may be some desire on their part to inject liquidity into the financial markets by some other means...this could be the boost that the Dow needs to, perhaps, make a touchdown...if not by the end of next week, then maybe by Christmas.
The following Daily Year-to-date charts of the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 and Russell 2000 show resistance and support levels...there is quite a bit of resistance above the current price levels...it may take a further injection of liquidity into the markets by the Fed to move them higher...however, the Dow may set the pace for further upside movement without any kind of changes to the current Fed policy since it has already penetrated into (and held within) its resistance zone...so, the Dow will be the one to watch for any signs of strengthening or weakening, in my opinion.
The following Daily Year-to-date chartgrid of the YM, ES, NQ & TF shows a Volume Profile for 2011...the red horizontal line is the POC. The YM & NQ closed today near the POC, while the ES & TF remain quite far below theirs. I'll look for increasing volumes to enter and continue building on all 4 e-minis in order to signal that a continued advance is possible...otherwise, I'd expect price to drift back down into their current large trading range again...and, potentially, fill in gaps below.
Below is a Weekly Year-to-date chart of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. The current weekly candle closed higher...the YM & NQ are trading above the 50 sma (red), while the ES & TF are still below...the 50 sma lines up approximately with the 200 sma (pink) on the Daily chart above. This is definitely an area of extreme importance, since a break and hold above could form new support for all 4 e-minis. Of note, the 50 sma crossed above the 200 sma on the NQ on the Daily chart...this has now formed a bullish Golden Cross on this timeframe...will see if it holds in the days/weeks ahead.