Quarterly data released tonight on capital spending by businesses in Japan, showed a further drop to -9.8%, as shown on the graph below. As can be seen, spending never did get above 2006 and 2007 highs and has been steadily declining since the beginning of this year.
Data provided courtesy of www.forexfactory.com: http://www.forexfactory.com/#chart=36516
The Daily chart below of Japan's Nikkei Stock Futures Index, NKD, shows that it recently dipped below the lows made in March after the earthquake. It's currently sitting at near-term price, trendline, and moving average (50 sma) resistance. As I've written in numerous posts, it's an index that I like to watch as it moved almost identically to the YM, ES, NQ & TF for quite some time after the earthquake...although it has been weaker in October and November. It's one that I'll continue to watch to see if weakness creeps back in, or whether a major support has been established at its recent lows, from which a new bull advance can occur...the 20-day 30-minute intraday (market hours only) chart below shows, however, the same gapping scenario as noted in my last post...so, a sustainable advance above these gaps is questionable.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 27 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Dec. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events