Further to my notation made in last night's post regarding the YM 15 minute chart, I would mention that the 50 sma (red) has now crossed below the 200 sma (pink) in a bearish Death Cross formation on this timeframe as shown on the chartgrid below...this formation is now in effect for the YM, ES, NQ & TF...whether this weakness persists, or whether dip buyers will come in here to attempt to fill today's gap down remains to be seen...they are all trading below their respective 50% Fibonacci retracement level in this current trading range.
The 1-Day 1-minute percentage comparison chart below shows that today's initial bounce at the market open was led by the Nasdaq 100, with the Financials ETF, XLF, the weakest...the Euro has remained fairly flat from the open...the Commodities ETF, DBC, has basically traded in tandem with the S&P 500.
I'm watching my 4-Hour VIX chart below...a break and hold above 30.50 could send the S&P 500 plunging.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. May 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. May 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. May 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 28 ~ U.S. markets closed for Memorial Day Holiday
* Wed. June 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...