UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Sunday, April 17, 2016
The Canadian dollar is price-sensitive to the price of WTIC Oil, so I'd keep a close eye on its action following the inaction of the participating countries to lower oil supply at this weekend's Doha meeting...Oil is -2.21 at 39.50 as I write this post on Sunday evening.
P.S. I'd also keep a close watch on the banks and DB.
Saturday, April 09, 2016
Thursday, April 07, 2016
You can see from the Daily ratio chart below of XLF:SPX, that price weakened considerably afterwards and fell to new lows not seen since 2012. Price is attempting to stabilize above that low, but all three indicators are still in downtrend and display new "SELL" signals, and price action is still under the bearish influence of the Death Cross formation of the moving averages.
If price drops and holds below near-term support of 0.0105, we could see a significant drop in the SPX, likely to new lows for the year, as I mentioned on April 3.
Sunday, April 03, 2016
Equity bulls will need to keep the price on this ratio above the 150 level, as well as break and hold above 160, and keep momentum above zero, in order to convince traders/investors to continue their buying spree to send the SPX to new all-time highs (currently at 2134.72, as shown on the following monthly chart of the SPX).
Otherwise, a drop and hold below these levels will see volatility return to the equity markets -- likely in a substantial manner -- to send them to, potentially, new lows for the year. It should be noted that the momentum indicator on this chart is not yet above zero and is still in a downtrend, so it is not yet confirming that higher prices are in store for the SPX...so, keep a close eye on the SPX:VIX ratio for signals.