In my post of December 29, 2015, I stressed the importance of the Financials ETF (XLF) in, potentially, propelling the SPX to an increase of 5-6% for 2016.
You can see from the Daily ratio chart below of XLF:SPX, that price weakened considerably afterwards and fell to new lows not seen since 2012. Price is attempting to stabilize above that low, but all three indicators are still in downtrend and display new "SELL" signals, and price action is still under the bearish influence of the Death Cross formation of the moving averages.
If price drops and holds below near-term support of 0.0105, we could see a significant drop in the SPX, likely to new lows for the year, as I mentioned on April 3.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events