UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
The US Dollar (DX) is hovering precariously just above a major inflection point at 90.00, as shown on the following monthly chart.
A drop and hold below that level could see the DX plunge to around 85.00, or even 80.00, in short order.
However, should the Financials ETF (XLF) drop, as described in my most recent post, we may see DX reverse course and rally towards 95.00, or even 100.00...keep an eye on the XLF for clues.
The rise of the Financials ETF (XLF) from March 2020 seems rather parabolic when compared with prior rallies over the past two decades, as shown on the following monthly chart.
A pullback may be just around the corner.
A drop and hold below major support at 30.00 could see this sector plummet to around 25.00, or, even 20.00, in short order.
Keep an eye on my post on the US Dollar as a cross-reference for clues.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
The following pivot point calculations and chart are provided to illustrate a variety of support and resistance levels/price targets on the monthly timeframe for the S&P 500 Index (SPX).
The calculations below are based on the high/low/close of January's candle for February's levels/price targets.