* See UPDATES below...
These articles regarding ESG caught my eye. ESG is the acronym for environmental social governance.
- its purpose,
- its founders/regulators/managers and influencers/advocates/minions,
- its implementation, and
- its subsequent disturbing and negative impacts to and destabilizations of world economies, global investment and pension funds, foreign and national security issues, natural environments around the world, and societies, in general, which have become exacerbated ten-fold and are now trapped within the tangled web of choking ESG policy.
These revelations have now surfaced and are being exposed as a result of the Russian war in Ukraine...and they're not pretty.
I've written numerous articles on President Biden's policies and agenda, which are tied in with ESG prescriptive policies, ever since he took office on January 20, 2021. You can read them at this link...and they're not pretty, either. This ZeroHedge article is, especially, not pretty.
As an aside, does anyone know exactly what Joe Biden's foreign policy is...apart from appeasement and deference toward dictators, invoking the perception of weakness? I haven't heard him outline one, to date.
By the way, aggressors eventually tire of weak leaders, as they begin to outlive their usefulness, and cast them aside in their quest for dominance...the alliance involving China, Russia and Iran against the U.S. and the West comes to mind.
On that front, Biden is:
- actively negotiating with Iran, using Russia as his intermediary, to re-enter the Iran Nuclear Deal and buy oil from them (which is at variance with ESG objectives), instead of developing America's oil and gas production to become energy-independent once again, as it became under former President Trump...(at what cost to America?),
- pushing ESG and developing wind and solar products to replace the use of cheaper fossil fuels for energy in the U.S. (which is at variance with ESG objectives)...for that, he'll need to buy many of the materials, components and fabrications from China...(a very expensive prospect for American taxpayers),
- approaching Venezuela's dictator to buy oil from them (which is at variance with ESG objectives)...(at what cost to America?),
- and is attempting to speak with Saudi and UAE's leaders to also buy oil from them (which is at variance with ESG objectives)...(at what cost to America?).
None of this makes sense.
No doubt, at some point, Joe Biden will outlive his usefulness to them...weak leaders serve no long-term purpose. How soon that would happen is anyone's guess.
Interestingly enough, I heard a theory that, for many years, the Russians have been covertly behind the push toward global green energy at the expense of fossil fuels, in order to, ultimately, weaken countries' national security systems. If true, that would explain the current chaotic state of affairs and negative impacts of ESG that countries are facing now...and account for the major dilemmas they are trying to deal with because of their adoption of this idealogy at the expense of their own energy independence and national security responsibilities.
President Biden may be "unwittingly supporting the worst humanitarian abuses in the world," but surely someone in his administration must be aware of the disturbing issues described in the following report...how about John Kerry, his so-called US Special Envoy for Climate?
If not, why not?
If so, why wouldn't the President know?
Meanwhile, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm laughed when asked on November 5, 2021 about Biden's plans to increase oil production and lower the cost of gasoline. She joins VP Kamala Harris in tasteless responses to serious questions in the form of laughter...all such a big joke to them. 😕So, is ESG a fraud?
Is your life better now as a result of its implementation...more prosperous...healthier...more stable...happier...more promising...more free from regulations...more secure against domestic crime and foreign wars?
Do some navel gazing, check your wallet and your pulse, then you be the judge...then, let your politicians, Wall Street market makers, and corporate CEOs know your answer.
By the way, U.S. mid-term elections are coming up in November, so Americans may also provide their answer at the ballot box...so, we'll see if a big Republican red wave rolls in to sweep Democrat control out of the House and Senate.
In my post of February 9, 2019, I warned against the foolish adoption of the Democrats' newly unveiled "Green New Deal" policies. It looks like my warnings had merit...and that Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was 'persuaded' to run with that agenda (which she'd sarcastically dubbed the "Green Dream," but, which has now become their "Black-Hole Nightmare").
So far, the polls have Biden's approval rating well under water at 37%...and that can get much worse until then...especially since no one believes his and the White House press secretary's "spin" and contradictive statements (lies) on the question of his restriction of domestic oil and gas production, including his cancellation of the permit to finish construction of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada into the U.S. on Day One of his presidency.
BAD NEWS for ESG and its proponents/cronies/influencers.
P.S. If the following information is accurate, Biden's ESG policy could lead to another crisis, unless he adopts a complex strategic energy supply agenda (which includes cyber-attack prevention), but I'm not so sure he's intellectually capable of such planning, even if he were willing.
BAD NEWS for Americans.
MY PRESCRIPTION...A HEALTHY DOSE...
If I'm capable enough of figuring all of this out on my own, surely everyone else is, too. All it takes is a healthy dose of common sense!
* UPDATE March 11...
If you still think that inflation is "transitory," you will be in for a nasty surprise...this article spells out why it's not.
It looks like things will only get much worse from here. Global political and economic bifurcation has begun.
* UPDATE May 21...
Elon Musk, Tesla CEO: "ESG is a scam."
Stuart Kirk, global head of responsible investing, HSBC Asset Management: "some nut job has always told him the end of the world is nearing."
* UPDATE May 23...
A must-read on the dangers of ESG on prosperous capitalist democracies...