Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Sept. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Sept. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Sept. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Sept. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Oct. 9 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
"Lurch" has re-appeared...
Lurch, from TV series, The Addams Family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurch_(The_Addams_Family)
The best word that comes to mind to describe the market action for the past 4 days is "lurching," as depicted on the 15-min chartgrid below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. Like the TV character, Lurch, the markets have been communicating "via simple inarticulate moans, which, much like the dialogue of Cousin Itt, his employers have no trouble understanding"...I imagine that only the market-makers understand what's been going on here...I'd be looking for a break and hold from this upward-sloping range one way or the other. It may be useful to watch the 50 (red) & 200 (pink) smas, as well, to see if they form a Death Cross pattern with the 200 sma curling down, or if price begins to move (and hold), with conviction, above both of them. They're threatening to reverse direction, but I'm not convinced yet.
I can only say that, looking at the Daily charts below, they're basically high basing and, other than the TF, made a slightly higher close today. I'm watching the lower channel line on the YM, ES & TF to see if they break and hold below. The laggard on this chart is the NQ in relation to this channel...however, the laggard in relation to current price and the 200 sma (pink) is the TF. If we see more strength come in on the NQ, no doubt, the others will move higher, as well...but the TF will have to hold its end up, too. In the meantime, I'm going to try and interpret "Lurch's" language.
The 4-day 5-minute percentage comparison chart below shows that the Financials ETF, XLF, led the attempted advances over the past 3 days...the laggards have been the Euro and the Commodities ETF, DBC...ones to also watch for any signs of renewed strength, or further weakness in order to, potentially, either confirm an advance in equities, or a reversal.