Below are 30-minute (market hour only) charts of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. We can see a series of gaps from November 21st...I mentioned these gaps in my post of December 1st...at some point, they'll have to be filled. At the moment, price is sitting just above the 50 sma (red)...I've shown a Fibonacci retracement and Fibonacci fan lines...should price retrace from here, it could, theoretically pull back to the 38.2% retracement level, which, at the moment, lines up with the 200 sma (pink) and 50% fan line level. Declining volumes are highlighted by the red arrow.
Below is a 4-hour chart of the EUR/USD. It has failed to hold above 1.35 on its recent attempts. It's a major resistance level that will need to be re-captured and held...continuing weakness in the Euro may signal a decline coming in the U.S. equities markets.
Below is a 4-hour chart of the Commodities ETF, DBC. It has failed to hold above major resistance at 27.80...also an important level that will have to be re-captured and held if the equities markets are to continue advancing.
Below is a 4-hour chart of AUD/USD. A drop and hold below a major support level of 1.02 could also signal weakness for equities.
Below is a 4 -hour chart of the VIX. A rise above 30.50 could bring in large, volatile down drafts in the S&P 500.
If weakness persists in commodities and the Euro & Aussie $, I'd say the markets are looking toppy here and may be due for a pullback...or even a violent drop. At the moment, declining volumes are not confirming a further advance in equities, as the U.S. $ firms.
Also, how the markets react to this article regarding Standard & Poor's threat today to downgrade the credit rating of 15 Eurozone countries (including Germany and France) is something I'll keep in the back of my mind: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/p-puts-15-eurozone-countries-214652756.html;_ylt=Aix2m3y_uP9yg7uEq_0GZXn2uYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQ3MW5rZHNzBG1pdANUb3AgU3RvcnkgTGlzdCAgTm8gQ29sbGVjdGlvbgRwa2cDMjgxMzUwNjktOWM4MC0zYzAwLThlODMtYTRiODc5NDEyNTBkBHBvcwMzBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyA2U2Yjc1NTkwLTFmOGQtMTFlMS1iN2RlLTdiMzg1MDM3YjZmOA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFrM25vcXFyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.