UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
The Fate of Oil
The second Year-to-date graph below shows that Oil is at resistance, while Gold is just above support, and Copper is in in a triangle formation in between support and resistance.
The Year-to-date chart of Oil below shows that Oil is sitting just above confluence (price, Fibonacci, Monthly VWAP, and Year-to-date Volume Profile POC) support at 99.00. The prior bearish Death Cross moving average formation has now changed, as of December 22, 2011 to a bullish Golden Cross formation. Price has been unable to hold above resistance at 102.00 since May of this year...a break and hold above this level could fuel a further rally in equities...failure to hold above 99.00 could send equities tumbling. Whether or not its near-term fate from today lies with the future direction of Gold and Copper remains to be seen.