UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, November 11, 2011
A Whole Lotta Charts...
The US$ is sitting in a confluence zone of crossed regression channel lines and 50 sma (red)...near-term support lies at 76.70, followed by 76.00...will see how this trades on an inverse relationship to the above instruments.
In addition to the US$, the corresponding USD/CAD forex pair is showing a similar drop in price to prior support...it may be headed to the middle of an uptrending channel at around 1.0070.
We'll see what stories emanate from Europe next week and which way the wind blows these markets.
Again, I'll keep a close eye on the Financials...the 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart of the banks to XLF shows that JPM finished down on the day from the open, whereas the others finished up...one to watch, perhaps?