Since the one-month October-November Options Expiry period just finished today, I thought I'd put up the chart below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF...each candle represents a one-month OPEX period. The YM, ES & NQ finished above the middle of the Bollinger Band, while the TF stayed below. If you combined the last two candles, you'd end up with a high wave spinning top, which represents indecision...as such, near-term resistance lies at the top of the current candle and support lies at the bottom of the prior candle for this time period. Whether or not these markets are at a similar point as indicated by the arrows and are set to drop, is currently up in the air. The current candle's volume was considerably less than the last OPEX period, which confirms a lack of conviction in either direction.
Below is a Weekly chartgrid of these four markets. Only the YM closed above the middle of the Bollinger Band...however, they all closed below their 50 sma (red) on a decidedly bearish note.
Below is a Daily chart of these four markets. Each one closed below the middle Bolling Band...the NQ closed below the 50 sma (red)...they basically low-based on low volume today after their large drop yesterday.
None of these charts is signalling a rise next week...however, we may see a bounce into the Thanksgiving holiday, if for no other reason than some short-covering during this shortened week. Any long-lasting bounce really must occur on increased volumes to signal bullish conviction...otherwise, I'd look for more volatile range trading within either of the last two OPEX candle's ranges.
Also, please see yesterday's post regarding an unresolved issue...which confirms what I've just said.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.