After listening to Ben Bernanke's press conference today, it is my opinion that as long as the Fed (Big Brother) stands ready to add more stimulus if "conditions warrant" (as they've repeatedly said), the markets (banks) will continue to add risk and accumulate shares in equities and commodities...barring, or course, any further "financial crisis rumours" from Europe, which could temporarily disrupt such market mandate.
I noticed that Mr. Bernanke failed to speak of any increased debt that consumers and businesses may have added in their recent spending increases and by what percentage their debt loads have increased as a result...obviously this would have negatively impacted such dovish news and may have been left out deliberately...however, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he simply forgot to mention this.
As for his statement that individuals can make more by investing their money in the markets than by saving, I would ask him for a show of hands of all people in the United States who actually have savings left over after paying their monthly expenses and credit debts...perhaps he's assuming that those with a bit of extra money will, in desperation, risk their savings and entrust them into the hands of brokers/bankers to magically produce an endless supply of investment income...after all, if brokers/bankers are going to be protected with the elixir of future stimulus, why not?
So, in keeping with this positive assumption, I wold look for the YM, ES, NQ & TF to embrace and confirm that view by making a higher swing high on their Daily charts (see chartgrid below), while not violating their lows made on November 1st...this would re-enforce the establishment of a new uptrend from the October lows. Otherwise, if the November 1st lows are broken, this would call into question the market's ability to advance at the current levels...it also calls into question the markets' belief in what Mr. Bernanke has said. We can see a H&S formation developing from October 24th, with the neckline around the November 1st lows...should this be broken and held with conviction, then the equity markets will fall back into their large trading range below.
N.B. In a perfect world, that is what the above dovish scenario represents...do your own due diligence before leaping in with both feet.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.