The Financials sector, XLF, and banking stocks (GS, JPM, C, BAC & MS) are currently being propped up so far today at near-term support as shown on the Daily chartgrid below.
They are currently below today's opening price, but have been holding their own, so far, as shown on the 1-day 1-minute comparison chart below.
The YM, ES, NQ & TF are high-basing near Friday's highs as shown on the Daily chartgrid below.
European Industrial Production was down as reported in the monthly figures today...as can be seen on the chart below, it fell below its lowest level in 2010 down to 2009 levels.
The EUR/USD is much weaker than the Major Indices today, as shown on the Daily chart below...something I'll watch for is whether the U.S. equities markets are de-coupling from the Euro or not over the next days.
The Commodities ETF, DBC, is trading near Friday's lows, similarly to the Financials, as shown on the Daily chart below...will look for further clues of either firming at these support levels, or a weakening over the next days.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. & Sat. June 28/29 ~ G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan
* Mon. July 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Canada Day holiday- Canadian markets closed
* Thurs. July 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ 4th of July holiday - U.S. markets closed
* Fri. July 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. July 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. July 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...