Below is a 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, and Russell 2000...the Russell index was "less weak" than its counterparts (on today's action).
Below are a series of Daily charts of these 4 indices with relevant support and resistance levels marked on them...the S&P broke and closed below a major support level of 1220 today, with an impressive move and close below near-term support of 2300 on the Nasdaq...two to watch.
Price has wandered back down to levels seen around August 4th (the day before the U.S. credit rating downgrade by Standard & Poor's) on all these indices...and, in fact, down to the August 5th levels on the Russell 2000.
This tells me that these markets have not yet resolved this downgrade issue, and they are subject to further weakness until they do, and until the bulls commit to buying on convincing volumes.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Jan. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Jan. 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Jan. 27 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events