UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
VIX, YM, ES, NQ & TF
Below is a 4-hour chartgrid of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. The 50 sma (red) has, once again, crossed below the 200 sma (pink) on the ES, NQ & TF to re-form a Death Cross...this is a confirmation of the bearish downtrend that began in July of this year...whether or not price returns to retest the 50 sma before resuming its downward trek remains to be seen. A helpful gauge of direction will be a close observation of the VIX.
Below is a 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, and Russell 2000. The Russell led today's weakness, and, by the end of the day, the Dow shot down past the S&P and the Nasdaq to finish second in weakness...whether or not the downward momentum accelerates on the Dow to propel it into the daily leadership weakness category again is something that I'll continue to monitor (it led in weakness on Monday and Tuesday this week, as shown on the next 2-day 2-minute percentage comparison chart)...also, see my post on Monday in this regard...in addition, I'll watch for a Death Cross of the 50 & 200 smas to re-form on the YM 4-hour chart to confirm weakness in the Dow.
I wish you all an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving holiday.