The Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, & Russell 2000 are all in negative territory for 2011...the Dow 30 and Nasdaq 100 fell back into negative territory after today's close, while the S&P 500 crossed below several days ago, and the Russell 2000 never made it above. The percentage comparison chart below (which begins at the open on January 3rd, 2011) shows that the Russell 2000 is still the weakest of the four major indices.
Below is a Daily chartgrid of their corresponding e-mini futures indices...the YM, ES, NQ & TF. Price closed today on the YM, NQ & TF at/near a level of support (either the 50 sma (red) or the 2011 opening price, or both), while the ES has fallen below any of these levels. They all fell on increased volumes today.
The 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart below of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, & Russell 2000 shows that the Dow 30 was the weakest on today's price action (an unusual event)...whether or not this is forecasting a larger exit to come from the blue chip stocks is something I'll be keeping a close eye on over the next days/weeks ahead.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.