The following information is being circulated via e-mail, and a dear friend forwarded it to me:
At Carnegie Hall, gospel singer
Wintley Phipps delivers perhaps the most powerful rendition of Amazing Grace
ever recorded. He says, "A lot of people don't realize that just about all Negro
spirituals are written on the black notes of the piano. Probably
the most famous on this slave scale was written by John Newton, who used to be
the captain of a slave ship, and many believe he heard this melody that sounds
very much like a West African sorrow chant. And it has a haunting, haunting
plaintive quality to it that reaches past your arrogance, past your pride, and
it speaks to that part of you that's in bondage. And we feel it. We feel it.
It's just one of the most amazing melodies in all of human history." After
sharing the noteworthy history of the song, Mr. Phipps delivers a stirring
performance that brings the audience to its feet!
Here is the link to his performance:
This song holds a very special meaning for me...it was played by a firefighter bagpiper at my best friend's funeral many years ago...the funeral was attended by our local firefighters in full dress uniform...something that is reserved for one of their own...even though she wasn't a firefighter, she was an associate member of their club and was loved and respected by them for her fun and very upbeat nature...she couldn't have been given a higher honour.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 15 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Thurs. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Aug. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events