UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Saturday, October 01, 2011
2 books about trading stock markets that are "keepers"...
I laughed...I cried...I identified...in his latest book, "The Slope of Hope Bathroom Reader," Tim Knight's personal experiences and views as a stock market trader demonstrate his courage, discipline, resilience, enthusiasm, and dedication to honesty with which he approaches his profession.
This is one of two books I'll re-read until I no longer walk this earth...the other is "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre which portrays the experiences and thoughts of another trader, Jesse Livermore...both "keepers."
Thanks, Tim, for sharing!
P.S. Tim's blog site, "Slope of Hope," is a place where I enjoy exchanging ideas with other traders...a place where newcomers are welcome into the Slope community: