UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Saturday, October 01, 2011
How the EUR/USD ended the 3rd Quarter of 2011
Each candle on the next chart represents one yearly Quarter. The current Quarter closed decisively as a bearish engulfing candle and is the third bearish candle since the 3rd Quarter in 2008 (on the last 3 attempted rallies since the beginning of 2007)...this tells me there is no solid case on which to base a bullish argument for this currency pair and hasn't been since the 3rd Quarter of 1990 as price is back to that level, once again.
Each candle on the last chart represents one year. Price on the current candle is retesting last year's close and is currently in a descending triangle formation. Last year's long bottom tail has not been retested and lies in the vicinity of the 1.2 major support level. Should that level be breached on extreme weakness, I see the next major support levels below that at 1.15 and 1.05.
***From my weekend analysis of Quarterly and Yearly charts of various instruments, it would appear that the markets are in for a rough ride for the next several years. I'll be keeping an eye on the VIX for additional clues in the months ahead...something I wrote about on September 12th of this year: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/09/money-is-always-interesting-subject.html