So far, the near-term resistance level of 1200 is holding the S&P 500 down today as shown on the 1-hour chart below. Beyond that, 1210 is the next level of resistance, while 1190 is the near-term support level. Today's action on the YM, ES, NQ & TF, has been slow, choppy, and compressed as they re-test yesterday's highs...technology is, once again, slightly more bullish. At the moment, Forex and commodity markets are mixed. Basically, there is no real convincing direction one way or the other in any of the markets...we'll see how they close today and what the rest of the week brings.
P.S. The YM, ES, NQ & TF are still trading above "thin ice" as noted in my post yesterday.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Oct. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Nov. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events