The YM, ES, NQ & TF all traded lower today on slightly higher volumes than on Friday as shown on the Daily chartgrid below.
A pullback in the Financials sector, XLF, (see my earlier post today), the EUR/USD forex pair, the AUD/USD forex pair, and the Commodities sector, DBC, (see my October 29th post) contributed to this weakness...the Financials and the Euro were particularly weak, as shown on the 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart below.
I heard a common thread being mentioned on the Canadian and American Financial TV networks today that there is concern about the growth potential of some of the European countries, and not just on issues regarding the recapitalization of their banks...there is uncertainty as to where any meaningful growth is going to come from over the coming quarters (for example, see my post on the weakness in the Portuguese Stock Index on October 28th)...no doubt this will be reflected in the price of the European countries' stock indices, as well as in their banking stocks in the next days/weeks...worth watching as new details on various European fincial, monetary, and fiscal issues, plans, and concerns about these unfold.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 27 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Dec. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events