UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, October 03, 2011
Bigger Picture Outlook for the US $...
The US $ ended at the +2 deviation level of a downtrending regression channel (which began in June 2010) after breaking out today above the +2 deviation level of a a shorter rising regression channel (which began in May of this year), as shown on the Daily chart below. It's currently sitting just above the 80.00 level...which happened to be a potential target that I mentioned in passing in my post on June 23rd of this year: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/06/xmas-666.html
I'll be following this chart over the ensuing days/weeks to see whether a Golden Cross ultimately occurs on this timeframe (cross of the 50 sma above the 200 sma), and whether 80.00 holds as support, to confirm a further bullish bias on this currency.
In addition, I see the next level of resistance at around 83.00 as shown on the Monthly chart below...this is a fairly major price level, which happens to be combined with a confluence of the +1 deviation levels of both the longer and shorter downtrending regression channels on this timeframe. Above that, I see the next major resistance level at 93.00.