UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Weakness at MF Global...one to watch...
The Daily chart below shows that the stock closed today just fractions of a point above its all-time lowest close on November 20, 2008:
Also, here is a link to a write-up about them on Bloomberg: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-24/mf-global-may-be-lowered-to- junk-by-moody-s-as-corzine-adds-trading-risk?category=%2F
Their long trade looks like a big last-ditch gamble...I'll be watching their stock in the days/weeks ahead as it could portend what's coming down the pike in Europe.
P.S. October 31, 2011 -- MF Global filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (based on its disclosed assets as of September 30th, it is likely to be added to the list of the 10 largest bankruptcies in U.S. corporate history, slotting in just ahead of Chrysler as #8) -- JP Morgan & Deutsche Bank are listed in the court filing as among MF Global's largest unsecured creditors (trading halted today).