An attempt to add to the past several weeks' advance was sharply halted at resistance today on the Major Indices, as shown on the following 60-day 60-minute charts of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, Russell 2000, and Financials ETF...price stopped at or around recent support (critical technical and psychological support levels)...should these support levels be broken with conviction, we may see these markets resume their bearish tilt with moves down to the bottom of their large trading range. I'm mindful of a variety of unfilled gaps below (which I've spoken about in prior posts) which represent "thin ice," above which present a questionable and risky continued advancement scenario for the bulls at this time.
Below are 4-hourly charts of the YM, ES, NQ & TF, which corroborate the retreat from resistance levels...these are comprised of a confluence of Fibonacci levels and regression channel deviation levels as shown...note the high selling volume today.
The Daily chartgrid below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF show that price has been unable to penetrate above the 200 sma (pink) on the YM, ES & TF so far...time will tell whether the NQ will be able to hold above its 200 sma.
The following two Daily charts of the Financials ETF, XLF, also show the retreat at overhead resistance...13.29 is a major stumbling block at this time, while 13.00 is an important near-term support level. I've said repeatedly that the Equities markets will need the Financials to come on board if they are to continue in a meaningful rally.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Thurs. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. July 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains
with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance