UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Major Indices Struggle at Resistance
Below are 4-hourly charts of the YM, ES, NQ & TF, which corroborate the retreat from resistance levels...these are comprised of a confluence of Fibonacci levels and regression channel deviation levels as shown...note the high selling volume today.
The Daily chartgrid below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF show that price has been unable to penetrate above the 200 sma (pink) on the YM, ES & TF so far...time will tell whether the NQ will be able to hold above its 200 sma.
The following two Daily charts of the Financials ETF, XLF, also show the retreat at overhead resistance...13.29 is a major stumbling block at this time, while 13.00 is an important near-term support level. I've said repeatedly that the Equities markets will need the Financials to come on board if they are to continue in a meaningful rally.