Below are Daily charts of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. I had wanted to do a follow-up post to yesterday's that I'd written before the market close, but my Thinkorswim charting platform is down so I'm very limited on what back-up charts I can put up here today. My comments are, therefore, short and simple.
As can be seen, the YM, ES & TF closed, once again, below the falling 50 sma (red), while the NQ closed just above for the second day in a row. At the moment, the 50 sma seems to hold the key and would be an important level for the bulls to recapture if they wish to reverse this bear pattern. Whether or not technology can lead the bulls back to happier hunting grounds with a series of higher-highs and higher-lows and score a touchdown remains to be seen. At the moment, they're all still putting in lower-highs and lower-lows. Furthermore, the VIX closed at 36.20 and is still, for the moment, above the 35.50 level that I mentioned on Friday.
In conclusion, I'll be watching the action around the 50 sma on the Daily charts of the 4 e-minis, the performance of the NQ compared with the others, as well as the 35.50 level on the VIX in the coming days/ weeks.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 28 ~ U.S. markets closed for Memorial Day Holiday
* Wed. May 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. June 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. June 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* JCPOA - Will President Trump recertify the JCPOA on May 12?...stay tuned...May 8 the answer is "No"...US pariticipation in the deal
is scrapped...new sanctions coming for Iran and, possibly, for nations supporting Iran.