According to www.Infographiclist.com, 38% of people have already started their holiday shopping:
If 75% are planning to buy electronics, and with 49% planning to spending the same as they did in 2010, we'll see whether the NQ continues to outpace the YM, ES & TF in terms of overall strength until Xmas.
At the moment, all 4 are being held back by their 50 sma (red) on the 4-hour chart, but are still trading above their 200 sma (pink)...price may bounce around in between those moving averages as long as there are more unsettling rumours coming out of Europe (perhaps until we get closer to Black Friday). The TF is leading today's weakness along with a small pullback in EUR/USD.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference