Below is a 4-hour chart of the VIX. It closed the day above the Monthly TPO Profile POC (red horizontal line) of 32.32 (the same level applies for both October and November). It also closed just above a triangle apex at 33.80...a hold above this level would be extremely bearish for the S&P 500 and could very well send price back down to the October lows.
Below is a 4-hour chartgrid of the YM, ES, NQ & TF. The 50 sma (red) has, once again, crossed below the 200 sma (pink) on the ES, NQ & TF to re-form a Death Cross...this is a confirmation of the bearish downtrend that began in July of this year...whether or not price returns to retest the 50 sma before resuming its downward trek remains to be seen. A helpful gauge of direction will be a close observation of the VIX.
Below is a 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, and Russell 2000. The Russell led today's weakness, and, by the end of the day, the Dow shot down past the S&P and the Nasdaq to finish second in weakness...whether or not the downward momentum accelerates on the Dow to propel it into the daily leadership weakness category again is something that I'll continue to monitor (it led in weakness on Monday and Tuesday this week, as shown on the next 2-day 2-minute percentage comparison chart)...also, see my post on Monday in this regard...in addition, I'll watch for a Death Cross of the 50 & 200 smas to re-form on the YM 4-hour chart to confirm weakness in the Dow.
I wish you all an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving holiday.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Feb. 8-12 ~ Shanghai Index closed for Chinese New Year holiday
* Feb. 8-10 ~ Hong Kong Index closed for Chinese New Year holiday
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. March 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Sun. March 13 ~ Daylight Saving Time begins for U.S. & Canada...click here for world times
* Tues. Mar. 15 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Mar. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement & Forecasts & @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* March 25 ~ U.S. markets & other world markets closed for Good Friday holiday