The Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, & Russell 2000 are all in negative territory for 2011...the Dow 30 and Nasdaq 100 fell back into negative territory after today's close, while the S&P 500 crossed below several days ago, and the Russell 2000 never made it above. The percentage comparison chart below (which begins at the open on January 3rd, 2011) shows that the Russell 2000 is still the weakest of the four major indices.
Below is a Daily chartgrid of their corresponding e-mini futures indices...the YM, ES, NQ & TF. Price closed today on the YM, NQ & TF at/near a level of support (either the 50 sma (red) or the 2011 opening price, or both), while the ES has fallen below any of these levels. They all fell on increased volumes today.
The 1-day 1-minute percentage comparison chart below of the Dow 30, S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, & Russell 2000 shows that the Dow 30 was the weakest on today's price action (an unusual event)...whether or not this is forecasting a larger exit to come from the blue chip stocks is something I'll be keeping a close eye on over the next days/weeks ahead.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Nov. 1 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 23 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
2016 U.S. POLITICAL EVENTS...
* 2016 U.S. Republican National Convention -- July 18-21
* 2016 U.S. Democratic National Convention -- July 25-28
* 2016 U.S. Presidential Debates -- September 26, October 9, October 19
* 2016 U.S. Vice-Presidential Debate -- October 4
* 2016 U.S. Presidential Election -- Tuesday, November 8