As I write this today, Japan's Nikkei Stock Futures Index, NKD, is hovering just above the lows that were made after the earthquake in March this year, as shown on the Daily chart below...the critical level of support is 8200, which is in danger of being broken today after last night's drop and continuing push downward since the market open. It's an index I've been tracking since the earthquake, since the U.S. Major Indices have tended to trend similarly to it, although the NKD has been exhibiting greater weakness in October and November. It appears to be forming a bearish cup & handle...we'll see whether this forecasts further weakness in the U.S. equities markets in the days/weeks ahead...I'm watching 8200 closely...
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. May 2 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. May 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. May 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. May 24 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 29 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day holiday
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. June 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference