As I write this today, Japan's Nikkei Stock Futures Index, NKD, is hovering just above the lows that were made after the earthquake in March this year, as shown on the Daily chart below...the critical level of support is 8200, which is in danger of being broken today after last night's drop and continuing push downward since the market open. It's an index I've been tracking since the earthquake, since the U.S. Major Indices have tended to trend similarly to it, although the NKD has been exhibiting greater weakness in October and November. It appears to be forming a bearish cup & handle...we'll see whether this forecasts further weakness in the U.S. equities markets in the days/weeks ahead...I'm watching 8200 closely...
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. March 20 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events