There was a moment today, right before John Boehner and President Obama delivered their speeches, that I thought we were going to hear the word "compromise" mentioned by both of them in a sincere and forward-moving manner. What I heard, however, was the message that Republicans and Democrats remain deeply polarized on their views related to the resolution of the Fiscal Cliff issue.
Until this matter has been satisfactorily finalized once and for all, the markets will remain volatile and reactive to news-related events, inasmuch as there is a great deal of domestic and foreign economic uncertainty related to this issue.
For now, my comments, as mentioned here and here, remain unchanged.
***I also repeat the following...The war between its own political parties is a greater threat to America than
any threat from its enemies.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Aug. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Sept. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference