UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
John Boehner's Speech Today
It simply amazes me how anyone can think that not raising taxes will ever deal with the ever-increasing U.S. National Debt, which is over $16 Trillion.
World confidence in the U.S. will rest on whether the Republicans are prepared to work with their Democratic counter-parties and President, not just on this issue, but on all issues over the next four years. It's my opinion that this unwillingness to reach compromises, as demonstrated over the past four years, has already hurt the ability of America to recover from the last credit crises in a timely manner. Excessive money-printing by the Fed in the future without political/fiscal action will, no doubt, be seen as a smoke-screen for lack of political will...this will damage the U.S. recovery efforts even further.
***The war between its own political parties is a greater threat to America than any threat from its enemies.
I remain...unconvinced, but hopeful.