As you can see from the Year-to-date chart below, much of the 2012 gains have been lost in the Major Indices since September/October. The Dow 30 has been the weakest performer this year, followed by the Russell 2000, the S&P 500, then the Nasdaq 100 Index.
Inasmuch as the Dow 30 is the weakest-performing index at the moment, it's the one to watch for either continued weakness or a buying turnaround with conviction. It's only up 3.03% on the year now versus a little over 11% about one month ago.
Without some major economic improvements occurring in Europe, China, and the U.S. in the near future, as well as strong Q4 earnings (versus weak Q3 earnings), it's likely that these Major Indices will have a difficult time producing a convincing and sustainable rally of much relevance (to actual economic conditions).
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Jan. 4, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.