Data released today (Monday) shows that Money Supply dipped in October in China, as shown on the graph below.
"Early in the economic cycle an increasing supply of money leads to additional spending and investment, and later in the cycle expanding money supply leads to inflation." Since it has been in an early cycle since the beginning of 2012, this latest dip may or may not be a warning of further weakness to come...one to consider monitoring over the next few months.
New Loans also fell for October, as shown on the graph below. "Consumers and businesses tend to seek credit when they are confident in their future financial position and feel comfortable spending money." This data is showing that loan demand has been on the decline since April of this year.
So, although there has been an expansion of money supply this year, loan demand has been declining. Unless loan demand picks up and is sustained, how can there be economic confidence and expansion in China?
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Living In A Time
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 24, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.