UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, November 12, 2012
European Indices ~ Watching for Support Breaks
The first graph below shows that, by percentage, Greece has gained the most compared to these countries during the past six months. However, the next graph shows that Greece has lost the most (percentage-wise) during the past one-month period, while the last graph shows the accelerated comparative percentage loss in Greece during the past week.
No doubt, Greece's recent losses relate to the, as yet, unsettled Greek aid tranche. Further Troika delay in settling this latest round of Greek bailouts will likely negatively affect, not only the Greek Index, but also the others, to produce breaks below their near-term (horizontal) support levels. Once broken, any confidence that may have existed up to this point in these European markets, will be marred and that much more difficult to be regained.