Below are 6-month Daily charts of the SPX, DAX, CAC, and PIIGS countries. You can see at a glance that the SPX has broken below near-term horizontal support of 1400, while its European counterparts are either trading at or close to (horizontal) support.
The first graph below shows that, by percentage, Greece has gained the most compared to these countries during the past six months. However, the next graph shows that Greece has lost the most (percentage-wise) during the past one-month period, while the last graph shows the accelerated comparative percentage loss in Greece during the past week.
No doubt, Greece's recent losses relate to the, as yet, unsettled Greek aid tranche. Further Troika delay in settling this latest round of Greek bailouts will likely negatively affect, not only the Greek Index, but also the others, to produce breaks below their near-term (horizontal) support levels. Once broken, any confidence that may have existed up to this point in these European markets, will be marred and that much more difficult to be regained.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. May 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day
* Wed. June 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. June 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. June 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events