Data released today (Monday) shows that (as reported by Nasdaq News & Commentary):
"October was a sub-par month for economic growth based on the Chicago Fed's national activity index which fell to minus 0.56 from zero in September. The production component fell to minus 0.45 from September's minus 0.06 reflecting Hurricane Sandy's big hit to the industrial production report. The component for consumption & housing, dragged down by a decline in housing permits, fell to minus 0.19 from minus 0.17.
The report's other two components made positive contributions to the index but to a lower degree. Employment contributed plus 0.07 to the index, down from plus 0.13 in September, while sales/orders/inventories contributed plus 0.01 from the prior month's plus 0.10.
The three-month average fell to minus 0.56 in October (the same as the single month reading) from minus 0.36 in September for the eighth straight month below zero. A reading below zero suggests that growth in national economic activity is below historical trend."
Also released today was the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey, which shows that the Business Activity Index dropped from 1.8 to -2.8 and that the Production Index dropped from 7.9 to 1.7, as shown below.
An hour after the open, the Major Indices are, basically, consolidating after last week's rally, slightly below Friday's close.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Winter in City
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Feb. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 3 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 22, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Mar. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.