Data released today (Friday) shows that goods continued to pile up in inventories, as has been the trend for most of this year, as shown on the graph below.
It's a signal of future business spending (because companies are more likely to purchase goods once they have depleted inventories). The rising trend would suggest that future business spending will decrease and that businesses will have to cut the price of their goods in order to move what's currently in their inventories. This would weigh on their net profits on the assumption that their production costs were done so at inflated prices...not a good sign for Q4 earnings growth.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Wed. Aug. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Aug. 22-24 ~ Annual Jackson Hole Symposium
* Wed. Sept. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Sept. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Sept. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Sept. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Sept. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...