UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
My "Fiscal Cliff" Gripe
If Speaker of the House, John Boehner, is so "serious about trying to resolve the Fiscal Cliff fiasco," why is he wasting time blabbing to the press, yet again? What a joke this whole issue is! Surely he's got more important things to sort out than to continually run to and whine to the press.
The press is NOT involved in the decision-making.
It reminds me of a whiny kid running to his parents to tattle-tail about something that his brother did...over and over...ad nauseam.
I'm tired of the tantrums...just quietly do your work! That's what taxpayers are paying you to do...they expect a resolution, not constant political grandstanding.
My comments also apply to Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid.
Finally, the longer that politicians delay making important decisions on this issue and finalizing a deal, the more I think that neither side has a clue on what to do...after all, they've had four years to think about it and nothing has been done yet...too busy writing election speeches and press conference speeches. And, the U.S. National Debt Clock just keeps on ticking.