Lumber futures are close to triple-top major resistance, as shown on the Weekly chart below. This latest rally from the September lows has occurred on declining weekly volumes. Expensive lumber would make it difficult for hombuilders' profits to continue to expand at the same rate that they enjoyed prior to the rally, which began in October 2011, producing an approximate 64% rise in lumber prices.
If lumber stays elevated, no doubt we'll see rising new home prices...perhaps quite sharply. This could be what Ben Bernanke is banking on...but, this could backfire if new home sales drop off dramatically and then continue to decline. We'll see if lumber prices start to moderate any time soon.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Jan. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Jan. 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Jan. 27 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Feb. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events