Lumber futures are close to triple-top major resistance, as shown on the Weekly chart below. This latest rally from the September lows has occurred on declining weekly volumes. Expensive lumber would make it difficult for hombuilders' profits to continue to expand at the same rate that they enjoyed prior to the rally, which began in October 2011, producing an approximate 64% rise in lumber prices.
If lumber stays elevated, no doubt we'll see rising new home prices...perhaps quite sharply. This could be what Ben Bernanke is banking on...but, this could backfire if new home sales drop off dramatically and then continue to decline. We'll see if lumber prices start to moderate any time soon.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events