Today's speech given by Republican Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, John Boehner, did not fill me with any great confidence that an actual meaningful compromise would be reached on the Fiscal Cliff issue before it's due to take effect by January 1, 2013.
It simply amazes me how anyone can think that not raising taxes will ever deal with the ever-increasing U.S. National Debt, which is over $16 Trillion.
World confidence in the U.S. will rest on whether the Republicans are prepared to work with their Democratic counter-parties and President, not just on this issue, but on all issues over the next four years. It's my opinion that this unwillingness to reach compromises, as demonstrated over the past four years, has already hurt the ability of America to recover from the last credit crises in a timely manner. Excessive money-printing by the Fed in the future without political/fiscal action will, no doubt, be seen as a smoke-screen for lack of political will...this will damage the U.S. recovery efforts even further.
***The war between its own political parties is a greater threat to America than any threat from its enemies.
I remain...unconvinced, but hopeful.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference