I heard today that MF Global has gone long on Europe peripheral debt...this is a Monthly chart of their stock:
The Daily chart below shows that the stock closed today just fractions of a point above its all-time lowest close on November 20, 2008:
Also, here is a link to a write-up about them on Bloomberg: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-24/mf-global-may-be-lowered-to- junk-by-moody-s-as-corzine-adds-trading-risk?category=%2F
Their long trade looks like a big last-ditch gamble...I'll be watching their stock in the days/weeks ahead as it could portend what's coming down the pike in Europe.
P.S. October 31, 2011 -- MF Global filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (based on its disclosed assets as of September 30th, it is likely to be added to the list of the 10 largest bankruptcies in U.S. corporate history, slotting in just ahead of Chrysler as #8) -- JP Morgan & Deutsche Bank are listed in the court filing as among MF Global's largest unsecured creditors (trading halted today).
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events