Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
Monday, October 03, 2011
Bigger Picture Outlook for the US $...
The US $ ended at the +2 deviation level of a downtrending regression channel (which began in June 2010) after breaking out today above the +2 deviation level of a a shorter rising regression channel (which began in May of this year), as shown on the Daily chart below. It's currently sitting just above the 80.00 level...which happened to be a potential target that I mentioned in passing in my post on June 23rd of this year: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/06/xmas-666.html
I'll be following this chart over the ensuing days/weeks to see whether a Golden Cross ultimately occurs on this timeframe (cross of the 50 sma above the 200 sma), and whether 80.00 holds as support, to confirm a further bullish bias on this currency.
In addition, I see the next level of resistance at around 83.00 as shown on the Monthly chart below...this is a fairly major price level, which happens to be combined with a confluence of the +1 deviation levels of both the longer and shorter downtrending regression channels on this timeframe. Above that, I see the next major resistance level at 93.00.