Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 6 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. July 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 27 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Sept. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
The permanent wave?...Who will be shocked straight?
It seems as though the markets are stuck in a permanent wave formation...the action since last Friday has seen resistance hold at the August 5th highs on the YM & ES...the NQ has surpassed that level...while the TF hasn't reached it yet as shown on the 60 min (market hours only) chartgrid below. It looks as though they are awaiting word from the Fed to either confirm the bearish mood that was present during the hours leading up to Standard & Poor's announced U.S. credit rating downgrade, or reverse that mood to spur a buying frenzy.
Note on the following two 60 min comparison charts that the spread between the NDX & RUT is widening...how long will this be sustainable before one or the other reverses sentiment to close the spread?