If technical analysis still works in spite of my last post, I reckon that the YM, ES, NQ & TF are in for big moves in the next day or several days.
Each candle on the chartgrid below represents a one-month Options Expiry period. Overlayed on each chart are a regression channel which begins at the 2007 highs and a Fibonacci retracement from each chart's high to low (as in the case of the YM & ES) and from the low to high (as in the case of the NQ & TF). The current candle will close this Friday. Price is currently trading in the mid-one-third portion of the Fibonacci range on the YM, ES & TF and in the upper-one-third portion on the NQ. All four e-minis are currently trading above the regression channel "mean." All in all and so far, this OPEX period is not as bearish as the last one, and the NQ has retraced more than half of the prior candle.
The next chartgrid depicts a 60 minute (trading hours only) timeframe. Price is currently trading at varying levels above this month's Volume Profile POC (yellow lines), above the Monthly VWAP (turquoise study), and above their 50 (red) and 200 (pink) SMAs. It is the convergence of all of these studies that is now taking place that suggests to me the e-minis are in for a big move soon...there is a good possibility that these convergence zones will form future support or resistance levels in such a move.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. May 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. June 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.