UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, September 12, 2011
My observations from 10:45 on the markets today...
JPM showing relative weakness today: http://screencast.com/t/1y6V1ImPco9k
If NQ drops below 2120ish with conviction, we could see a decent move down today: http://screencast.com/t/4ZsRnlzcJ
EUR/USD unable to hold morning bounce high...spinning top on Daily: http://screencast.com/t/zbpp0X1m
Mid-point of prior downtrending channel still holding on Daily EUR/USD: http://screencast.com/t/VrRPpFKj
GBP/USD weak today: http://screencast.com/t/iPwM0fLr
Oil still holding in uptrend channel on Daily...just below Fib confluence: http://screencast.com/t/nsloz1vnKt
Foreign ETFs in limbo at the moment after their gap down today: http://screencast.com/t/hvj60jhRwscG
VIXs still in range on Daily, except for VXX: http://screencast.com/t/yXnD8TvOih
YM has breached the -2 deviation level of the shorter uptrending regression channel...if the low of the day is broken with conviction today, we could see a decent move down: http://screencast.com/t/pn5pqsFkGXbV
Markets waiting for further negative (or positive) catalyst?
I still think any major move down and below the August range on the 4 e-minis depends on the strength of the US $ and a major pullback in commodities.