UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, September 23, 2011
The most interesting thing I could find to write about after today's and yesterday's whippy intraday range-bound action was the decidedly bearish finish to the week (on high volume) on the YM, ES, NQ & TF as shown on the Weekly chartgrid below.
They seem to be pointing the way down to the -2 deviation level of the uptrending regression channel, which began at the March 2009 lows, and is roughly in the vicinity of the 50% Fibonacci retracement levels from those lows to the highs reached this year. These confluence zones are sitting around 10000 on the YM, 1050 on the ES, 1800 on the NQ, and 600 on the TF (although I wouldn't be surprised to see the TF fall to around 550).
We'll see whether the bearish momentum continues next week, or whether a small bounce occurs first.