Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Apr. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Apr. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Apr. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Apr. 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Apr. 15 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Apr. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
Friday, September 23, 2011
The most interesting thing I could find to write about after today's and yesterday's whippy intraday range-bound action was the decidedly bearish finish to the week (on high volume) on the YM, ES, NQ & TF as shown on the Weekly chartgrid below.
They seem to be pointing the way down to the -2 deviation level of the uptrending regression channel, which began at the March 2009 lows, and is roughly in the vicinity of the 50% Fibonacci retracement levels from those lows to the highs reached this year. These confluence zones are sitting around 10000 on the YM, 1050 on the ES, 1800 on the NQ, and 600 on the TF (although I wouldn't be surprised to see the TF fall to around 550).
We'll see whether the bearish momentum continues next week, or whether a small bounce occurs first.