I found one thing "interesting" that Mr. Bernanke said today...that the squabbling by the U.S. politicians over the debt ceiling issue caused the financial turmoil this summer in the markets. To this, I would respectfully point out that the financial markets never fully recovered from their falls from 2007 and some from their peak in 2000...in spite of both massive monetary stimulus packages that have been implemented by the Fed in 2009 and 2010.
The Monthly charts below of GS, C, XLF & JPM confirm this.
I think I can safely say that volatility is here to stay in the markets, at least until next year's elections are over and the dust has settled into 2013, since the likelihood of the politicians reaching a fiscal agreement on how to fix the economy before then is probably nil. Tie that into the global economic and fiscal turmoil, and that adds up to volatility, in my books.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. July 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. July 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. July 28 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. July 30 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core PCE Price Index Data
* Fri. Aug. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.