The Financials sector, XLF, and banking stocks (GS, JPM, C, BAC & MS) are currently being propped up so far today at near-term support as shown on the Daily chartgrid below.
They are currently below today's opening price, but have been holding their own, so far, as shown on the 1-day 1-minute comparison chart below.
The YM, ES, NQ & TF are high-basing near Friday's highs as shown on the Daily chartgrid below.
European Industrial Production was down as reported in the monthly figures today...as can be seen on the chart below, it fell below its lowest level in 2010 down to 2009 levels.
The EUR/USD is much weaker than the Major Indices today, as shown on the Daily chart below...something I'll watch for is whether the U.S. equities markets are de-coupling from the Euro or not over the next days.
The Commodities ETF, DBC, is trading near Friday's lows, similarly to the Financials, as shown on the Daily chart below...will look for further clues of either firming at these support levels, or a weakening over the next days.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. May 2 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. May 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. May 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. May 24 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. May 29 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Memorial Day holiday
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. June 13 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference