Once again, another bubble grows as the spread between the NDX and S&P 500 and also between these Indices and their respective Volatility Indices continues to widen, bringing with it unresolved volatility repercussions, as shown on the 20-Year Daily percentage comparison chart below. The last two bubbles didn't end well for both Indices, as their collapses were swift and deep, cannibalizing virtually all of the gains that were made within both bubbles.
Technology has risen from the 2009 lows more, in percentage-terms, and faster, than it did from the last bubble lows to highs, thanks to the non-stop money-printing programs that have been enacted by the Fed since 2009. However, the Fed, alone, cannot save a potential collapse of the current bubble, particularly within the confines of the challenges facing the current slowing global economic environment, along with growing domestic and international political/fiscal discord, which were not factors prior to the last bubble collapse.
You've been warned...please don't shoot the messenger!
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Living In A Time
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 24, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.